prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My cousin was a Senator of The Republic of Texas.

When Texas was annexed by the United States in 1846 a Munson was there. In Volume II of the five volume set of The Munson Record on page 871 the following is written.

Henry J Munson b 26 Jun 1807 d 11 Aug 1863.
Received a Medical degree from Fairfield Medical College,
He practiced in several cities. The last was in Caldwell, Texas.
He was a Senator in the The Republic of Texas when Texas became part of the United States.



The citizens of The Republic of Texas were called Texians. Henry was one. Caldwell is close to College Station. I will be driving through College Station on the way to San Antonio next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->