prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

(Widower 32) Finishing links to Olympic Peninsula trip blogs.

I had my beard trimmed today. What do you think?
Neater? I made this pic my FaceBook pic.

I want to give several links to my 2012 stay on the OP. Then I will finish the trip with links to stops in Roseburg, Eureka, Modesto, Hanford, Van Nuys, Dana Point, Corona, Maricopa, AZ, and Las Cruces, NM. Here are some statistics that will give you an appreciation of my 2012 trip to the West. I am glad that I did it. I do not think that I will do it again.

Statistics of my 2012 trip to the West Coast.

Gone two months. Drove 8800 miles. Use 261 gal of gas. Cost $936. Average cost per gal $3.59. Miles per gal 33.8.

I visited 2 children, 9 grand children, 5 great grandchildren, 10 nieces and nephews, and four dozen friends.

I was in 15 living rooms, rode the ferry four times, and saw two firework shows.

I do not want to do that again. I am almost traveled out.

I attended a stirring bingo game at the ECR Clubhouse.  See Bingo

Went to a Concert on the Dock in downtown Port Townsend waterfront. See Concert

Went to a pancake breakfast at the Clubhouse.   See Pancakes

Big Festival at Port Ludlow. See Festival

I spent my last Sunday in Washington with my oldest grandchild Matt and his family.  See Sunday with the Wrocks


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->