prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stopped for lunch on my way to San Antonio today.

I had lunch at the oldest barbecue restaurant in Texas. It is in the town of Lockhart. The restaurant has always been in the hands of the Black Family. The sign on the front says 82 years!






Every thing was good. I had the brisket.


This couple are from the Hill Country. We had a great visit.


There is a toll road going south from Lockhart. The speed limit is 85. If you allow ten per cent over you can set the cruise control on 94 and really make time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->