prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

(Widower 27) Where am I in the writing of my life story?

Essentially I am about done. A few more blogs will cover my life as a Widower. I am now writing about the middle of 2012. My Widower life started in March 2007. This part of my life is not over yet. I think about the time that it will be over, a lot.

In my prunepicker blog archives I have the following blog posts.

Life Phase.  Number of posts.

Child                    2
Boy                      6
Youth                   9
Army                  26
Poly (College)      8
Wireline              26
Water flood         11
Petrophysical         7
RV                      42
Widower             37 (maybe)

Total                  174

If I were to pull these posts out my blog and put them into a booklet, the booklet would probably have  a hundred plus pages and maybe 100,000 plus words. I would like to do that and print the booklet. I also want to write up a few family trees. Mine and my wife Jackie's at least. I am going to start on the booklet. I am going to spend a lot more time on genealogy. As much as I hate to do it I am going to cut back on my blogging. Maybe only post once or twice a week. Maybe every Monday and Friday.

Title of the life story booklet?

If you can't wait for the booklet you can read the posts. They are listed in the blog archives. You can also use the search box on my blog. The life story post titles all start with the life phase name followed by a number. For instance to go to the post on my first day in the Army, search for Army 1. For my graduation from Cal Poly search Poly 8.


As I always say "look twice in both directions".  And "measure twice, cut once". Be careful.

2 comments:

  1. I will miss your daily Blogs, but collecting the information in one book will be invaluable for future generations. Good Luck!

    Chris Hansen
    Cajun living in Orange County, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris. I know that i am getting into a lot of work. Good luck to you.

    Chuck Monson
    Prune picker living in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->