prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The last canvas covered Schlumberger logging truck.

Present day Schlumberger logging truck.


Pretty fancy. Spacious air conditioned work room behind winch and winch controls.

In 1950 I started to work for Schlumberger in Bakersfield, California. I was a logging engineer on the last Schlumberger truck which had the winch out in the elements covered with a tarp. I was on jobs where the winch operator was being snowed on. There was a window between me and the operator. When the window was open snow would get on me and the log recorder. Pretty cool job, huh?


I believe that the number of the truck was 321. Do you suppose that is the right number? And I remember it after 63 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->