prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Jackie and I lived where the longest?

On the Olympic Peninsula. This is the peninsula across the Puget Sound from Seattle. We moved into a fifth wheel trailer in 1985. That is 28 years ago. 17 of those years we lived in the Evergreen Coho Retreat in Chimacum. The retreat is a 175 member coop owned by the tenants.


Jackie and I, starting in 1989 helped build the Resort. It was a large field when we first saw it. We helped build the 8000 square foot clubhouse in the center of the Retreat. Also 175 one hundred square foot sheds, one on each lot. We had a party when the last lot was finished.


This is a picture of our lot with our car, truck, and trailer. Notice my rock wall on the property lot. We really enjoyed living here. After Ruston this is the favorite place I have lived. Jackie and I would pull our trailer south every winter. We made several trips to Louisiana, Florida,  Maine, Arizona, and Nevada. We made several stops in Branson. Almost every winter we stayed a while in Las Vegas,


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->