prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First American child born on Java.

Samuel Munson 1834 - 1887 was the child of Samuel Munson 1804 - 1834 a Baptist Missionary to Indonesia. He was the first American child born on Java. The elder Samuel Munson was murdered on Sumatra in 1834 when the baby was a few months old.

The baby was taken home and raised in Maine. He joined the Army in 1861. He served through the Civil War and on the Pacific Coast and on the Plains. He was discharged as a Captain.

2 comments:

  1. I love this sh**. Thanks Daddy. By the way, do you know how I could go about looking into the Dinwoody past?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once started research on Dinwoodie. Did not continue. Sending a couple of items

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->