prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Jackie and Chris had a visitor.

The ashes of my dear wife Jackie and beloved son Chris share a gravesite at Arlington National Cemetery. My ashes will join theirs. I think about this place now and then.

I was touched to learn that my nephew Mark Wright visited the grave last week. Thanks, Mark.


This is a view of the grave. There is a temporary card with the data about Chris in front of the monument. The data is now engraved on the back of the monument.


This is a view in the other direction from the grave.

The text above is the data about Jackie that is now engraved on the front of the monument. And the data about Christopher that is on the back, When my ashes are added a new monument will be installed with my data on the front and Jackie and Chris's data on the back. Rank has its privileges. I was a CPL, you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->