prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Storm on Thursday. 5/30/13



John and I were watching start of O'Reily when he was informed that 3000 customers were without power in the Ruston area. We only had rain and wind for a few minutes, but there was strong weather nearby. Power poles broken, etc.  I watched and listened while John called and dispatched equipment to restore service. A radio in one hand and a cell phone in the other.  It was tense and interesting. It was the start of many hours of work for John and Entergy.

John had a lot of sympathy on his shoulder but John still looks tense. John went to bed early tonight.

Tonight O'Reilly was knocked off the air for live coverage of tornados in Oklahoma City.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->