prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Full Memorial Day.

For breakfast son in law John Adams, great grandsons Ethan, Christian and I went for doughnuts at Jefferson Corner. Rosa, Rhonda, Dot, and Cookie were there. It was like a party!

At 11:38 John, Ethan, and I went to Cook Baptist for their annual Memorial Day fish fry for veterans. They have had it for 7 or 8 years. I have been to 3 or 4. It is really very nice. Church volunteers cook and serve a state of the art Southern fish fry. Free of charge to all veterans and their spouse. John and Ethan filled in for my spouse.


Mickey Fitzgerald said smiling is a sign of weakness.





A big happy crowd.

Then at 2:00 I attended "Raising the Roof". A benefit Memorial Day program at the Dixie Theater. It was a benefit for the building fund for  a new building for the VFW Post. Several organizations use the building.


Presentation of the Flag.


The Dixie Dancers put on a show.


The Piney Hills Chorus sang pretty.

 To top the day off John Adams did his usual great Bar B Que. Plus cavorting in the hot tub with his three grandsons.





When it came time to eat I was told to go first as I was the only veteran. What an honor!

I had a wonderful Memorial Day. Thanks to my wonderful family and many Ruston friends. They make it very difficult to be blue.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you had a good day. YOU are my favorite soldier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->