prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Barrel racing. Fun and beautiful.

I spent some hours out at the Lincoln Parish Exhibition Grounds yesterday and today. I was watching a very scenic and dramatic sport. Barrel Racing. Beautiful talented horses and people racing around barrels and racing against the clock. Most races were around 18 to 19 seconds.




17.501 seconds. Very good time.


Beautiful horse.


These folks brought their corral with them.


Many participants bring the comforts of home with them. Here is a deluxe combination RV and horse trailer.




Printing up custom tee shirts to go on site.




The grounds looked like a large RV park. Barrel racers hang close.

1 comment:

  1. The last time we went to a rodeo I couldn't believe how fast the barrel racing horses went! Serious stuff
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->