prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, June 29, 2012

The President and the Old Prunepicker visited Colorado today!

President Obama and I were in Colorado today. I just drove through but Obama had business. I saw lots of smoke. From a hundred miles east of Denver to Laramie was smokey. It is a terrible fire. I saw hand painted signs thanking the firefighters.


I drove the back way into Laramie to bypass Cheyenne. Drove by this Post Office at Virginia Dale, Colorado that was for sale. Cafe included.



Left Sterling at 3:30 and arrived in Laramie about 12 hours later. A lot of the freeway that I drove had a speed limit of 75 MPH, You can cover a lot of ground quickly at that speed. This leg was 550 miles.

I drove by a Cracker Barrel north of Denver that Jackie and I had visited with our fifth wheel trailer some 15 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->