prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Long busy Tuesday morning.

I forgot weekly weigh in. Have to do that tomorrow.

Arrived at Jefferson Corner at 4:30 am. Fill gas tank and get lessons on how to say Claiborne. I have always had a hard time talking. Not too good at listening either.

Attend VFW breakfast. Always a nice time.

Drive to VA Clinic in Monroe to obtain a signature on a form for swimming class.

Cup of coffee at Million Acres of Books.

My car was not too dirty but I had it washed anyhow. Jewette Farley had just picked up a new VW Passat (Car of the Year he told me.) and I did not want his car to be cleaner than mine.


Stopped by a shooting range and tried out my new pistol. I traded my 9 mm for a 25 caliber. It is small enough to go in a shirt pocket, let alone a pants pocket. Made a big bang for such a small gun.



Met Jewette at John and Kerry's old house to give him an advance showing of the garage sale slated for next Saturday. This is an example of what happens when you move into a smaller house.




Anyone need some duck decoys?




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->