prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesdays in Ruston, Louisiana

Boy! Tuesdays are really busy in Ruston. Not as busy as the Tuesdays of Katie, Janelle, Joy, or Annie. First I have to show up the morning meeting of the Jefferson Corner Liars Club. I have to roll out at 4 to get there by 5.



Then at 6:30 I have to go over to the VFW Building for breakfast. You can see the group already sitting on the porch.



Everyone enjoys the breakfast prepared by JD (Just Dandy) Harper. What a great bunch of people! I enjoy their company every Tuesday morning.



Then at 11 I show up for lunch at the Senior Center.

Rachel leads the group in exercises. She does a grand job.



The folks at the Senior Center Lunch are very nice. It is a pleasure to spend time with them.



The lady in the background is playing the piano. The piano music creates a homey atmosphere. It is nice,

You can appreciate what a tough schedule I have on Tuesdays. I barely was able to work in time for a nap between the VFW and the Senior Lunch, but I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->