prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lunch at Ruby's Auto Diner.

Christopher David Monson is my oldest son and is the second child born to Jackie and I. Chris is a sweet guy and I love him. My heart goes out to him because of the rough deal that life dealt him. 42 years ago when he was 20 he had a bad motorcycle accident. He flew through the air and landed in such a way that he broke both arms, both legs, and suffered a concussion. He has had to contend with seizures from the concussion. His wrists were never returned to normal. Never the less he trained as a LVN and worked many years as a nurse with patients who had special needs such as addiction treatment. I am proud of him. He has had a tough 42 years but today is a model of equanimity.

Due to several medical items Chris is unable to go to work. However he keeps busy writing a couple of blogs. One of general interest that I check everyday is at http://fishwrangler.blogspot.com/  Chris writes a blog that is of a conservative nature but has lots of links to music clips, etc.

We had lunch together at Ruby's Auto Diner in Laguna Beach on Monday, August 16. Both Chris and I are old car buffs and admired the ugly Edsel and Plymouth at the door to the diner.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->