prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Coffee and Cars

Every Saturday the Coffee and Cars Club meets in the shopping center at Monarch Bay in Dana Point, California. The members start rolling in with their beautiful classic cars at 7 am and roll out at 9 am. They meet in the parking lot in front of Starbucks. There are about 50 cars. They are so clean and good looking. The owners stroll around, drink coffee and visit with each other. I enjoy looking at the cars and visiting with the owners. The owners are always ready to talk about their cars.


The silver corvette above is a brand new classic car. The window sticker price was $120,000!

Some pics from last Saturday.



A classic VW van, lowered just a bit.

Find some dirt or oil on that engine!




A Model A with a slightly doctored up engine. The distinguished gentleman is my son in law, Bob Wright.



That is a pretty paint job!


Built for speed.

Bob looks at a classic Triumph Spitfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->