prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Lunch at the 94th Aero Squadron.

Yesterday I visited Novelle Monson. the widow of my brother George. Novelle reminded me that while she being courted by George that we had danced together when we were 15. That was 70 years ago! I must confess that I was sweet on her, she was such a beautiful girl. I still am. I took her pic on her front porch with her daughter in law Paula and son Eddie. No nieces today but Paula was a great stand in!

Novelle took us to lunch at the 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant at the Van Nuys Airport. We could watch the airplanes coming and going. It was a great lunch and all four of us had a good time. I sure do thank Novelle for her generosity. 

I stayed at Novelle's all day and we visited at great length. She asked me several times "did you ever think that we would live this long?" I guess that I did not but hoped so. All of her parents and siblings have passed away. I still have my 97 year old sister, Dallas. Novelle, Dallas, and I are the only ones left of the Monson nine siblings and spouses. Three of 18.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->