prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Basque Restaurant in Bakersfield.

Did you know that there are more Basque Restaurants in Bakersfield, California than any other city in the US? I had dinner in the famous Wool Growers Restaurant. I had the company of four nice ladies. I am still in the niece mode. The ladies in the large pic from left to right are Katherine Mott, the widow of my nephew and good friend Harold Mott. Kathy Goetjen, the daughter of Katherine. Pat Mott, daughter of my sister Thelma, and my niece. On my left is Maria Peet, also a daughter of Katherine. So they are all sort of nieces, huh?

Any way we had a great meal and visit. We had such a good time that I plan to stay longer next time. They are sweet ladies and were so nice to me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->