prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

2010 West Coast Trip Data.

It is good to be home again in Ruston, Louisiana. My home is in the best RV park. I really appreciate living there. It is behind my daughter Kerry's garage. My son in law John loves me so much that he has given me his parking place in the garage. Is there any greater love than that? I go out the back door of the garage and there is my fifth wheel home.

Here are some statistics from the trip. I visited 37 plus family members and as many good friends. I was gone from June 21 to August 28. That is 75 days, or 10 weeks, or 2 1/2 months. I drove 8,400 miles. I purchased 286.5 gallons of gasoline at a cost of $847.45. The average cost per gallon was $2.96. The average miles per gallon was 29.3.

I paid for lodging for 39 nights at a cost of $1807. That is an average cost per night of $46.33. This low cost is due to the fact that I stayed at the Evergreen Coho Resort for 21 days at an average cost per night of $31.30. The 18 nights that I stayed at motels had an average cost per night of $62.22.

This trip was a circle of the Western United States. In the order of travel I drove in the following states. Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and back across Texas to Louisiana. I drove through several national parks. One park bordered on Canada and one bordered on Mexico. Respectively, they are Glacier National Park in Montana and Big Bend National Park in Texas.

I visited the National Museum of the War in the Pacific in Fredericksburg, Texas and the George Bush Presidential Museum and Library in College Station, Texas.

It was a fun and interesting trip and I enjoyed it. It feels good that it is over and I am back home. I really did miss my Louisiana family and friends. I hope they remember me!






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->