prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Munson Steamship Line.

A cousin of mine, Walter D. Munson was doing good raising sugar in Cuba in the late eighteen hundreds. He was doing so good that he founded the Munson Steamship Line in 1899 to haul sugar to New York. Soon the steam ship line was a big success with many shops sailing between the US and South America.

The ship line went bankrupt in 1939. Darn old depression!


The Munson Steamship Line had its own china.


Gee! I could have sailed to Rio.



More china.



My cousins sure have gotten around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->