prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Choudrant Restoration and Beautification Society

Choudrant is a small town a few miles east of Ruston. When I was new in the area I was told that the name is pronounced "shoe drunk". I have learned that a lot of great people live there. The Choudrant Restoration and Beautification Society do great things for their town and area. They also put on a Veterans Day Program and Lunch every year.

A few weeks ago I received an invitation to the program and a ticket to the lunch. I am so glad that I went yesterday. My thanks to the Society. Hooray for "Shoedrunk!"




Honor Guard from Louisiana Tech.



Kayla Hart. She looks and sings really beautiful!


Fly over.


My good friend Tommy Leford looks heroic. We were at Camp Cooke, California at the same time in 1943.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->