prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Ethan writes me a note with a few questions.

Ethan Charles Newberry is my oldest great grand child. He recently turned 13. You mean that I have a teen aged great grandson? I thought that his questions and my answers might make a blog post.


Ethan, Thank you for the $50. I am using it for to get a lap top.
Papa Chuck. You are welcome, Ethan. Good luck with your lap top.

Ethan. How are you?
Papa Chuck. Fine except for being old, short-winded, tire easily, and a low capacity bladder.

Ethan. How is your trailer?
Papa Chuck. My trailer is perfect for my present needs. Most big appliances are worn out, but have been replaced with portable appliances. For instance I have a one cubic foot frig instead of a six cubic feet. But it is all I need.

Ethan. What did you do this weekend?
Papa Chuck. You are straining my memory. Please check my blog.

Ethan. What are you doing this week?
Papa Chuck. Veterans service on Monday. Breakfast at the VFW on Tuesday, Swim Wed and Fri morning, basketball game Wed night, a Wildfire bluegrass show at the Dixie on Sat night, and Wed. lunch at Senior Center.

Ethan. How was the Celtic Festival that that you went to not too long ago?
Papa Chuck. Weather was poor so I did not attend.

Ethan. When will your next big road trip be? Will you have one? Where to?
Papa Chuck. Don't' know. Don't know. Don't know. I recently took some short trips and they sure made me very tired. It will take some serious thought before I try another long one.

Ethan. What is your favorite civilization that has been on planet earth?
Papa Chuck. Western Europe and Roman and real old ones.

Ethan. Cross-country is over. I will try out for track in the spring.
Papa Chuck. I enjoyed track and I am so proud of your performance this last season.

Ethan. When will I see you again?
Papa Chuck. Soon.

Ethan. What are you doing for Halloween?
Papa Chuck. Going to bed early.

Ethan. Are you ready for the time change?
Papa Chuck. No, never am.






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->