prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 21, 2013

High Tea with the English Speaking Union at Layton Castle in Monroe.

I went to the Tea with high expectations. I envisioned a dozen bagpipes, everyone in kilts, and bowler hats. There was only one bagpipe, one bowler hat. and two kilts. But there were a hundred or so very charming people, hundreds of tea cookies and goodies, and a lady (with an accompanist) who sang beautiful broadway show tunes. And the most wonderful My Fair Lady hats. It was fun and nice!



Layton Castle was built in the early 1800s.



The Tea was in honor of the new Prince George. He is very big with the English Speaking Union crowd!


The man in the kilt (one of two at the tea) is John McCarter. John invited me to the tea. Thank you, John.



More John. John smiled at me and said that he once owned a castle in Scotland. I believe him. John is quite a guy.




The one bowler.




Nice party. Nice people. I am glad that I went.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice party and the weather was perfect for it. Where is the castle located in Monroe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About a mile south of city hall on Grand. South of Interstate 20.

      Delete
  2. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers. https://tintuyensinh2012.com

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->