prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

168 Days, 24 weeks since last TIA

That is so good! A long time (six months) since my last TIA. A TIA is a Transient Ischemic Attack. It is caused by an interruption of blood flow to the brain. Let me describe how my TIAs effect me. I can speak but the words are not what I am wanting to say. My right hand starts to curl and to not respond. Thats it; speech and right hand. But I seem to be completely over it

I am so fortunate. My Dad had a stroke and lived for 17 years with his left arm and leg paralyzed. I can so better sympathize with him now and with the many people I meet in similar condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->