prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, October 11, 2013

All creatures come into the world bringing with them the memory of justice. J. M. Coetzee

That statement in the title of this blog has the ring of truth. It does for me. That sense of justice born in everyone is why we keep stumbling toward a just and fair system of government. It is an on going struggle. Our constitution is the state of the art of just government. It is our attempt to give justice to everyone. It does not work all the time, but it is there for us to lean on.

We try to be fair. That is what I like about our country. We try to do justice to all and to be fair. Fairness is at the heart of the Golden Rule. Kindness is at the heart of the Golden Rule. Justice is at the heart of the Golden Rule. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone treated everyone the way they want to be treated.

Good bye believers in terrorism. Good bye bombers. Good bye ethnic cleansing.

Lets keep trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->