prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Class 1. Muslims in America.

I felt like a student last night. Attended class in Room 121 of University Hall. A Louisiana Tech building just recently built. Was a pretty fancy building to this country boy.


Dr. Ahmed Nazir Atassi of the Department of History gave the first talk of five on Muslims in America. I enjoyed the class very much. Next week I am going to sit in the front row so that I can hear the Doctor  better. The class was devoted to a study of the veil. Ahmed interjected many general comments about history that were interesting. I do not understand the veil that much. If I had a vote as to which sex should wear a veil, I would vote for the male sex.


4 comments:

  1. I would love to take this class. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I am lucky. I really appreciate living in a College town. Latech really is community minded.

      Delete
  2. I always try to be tolerant of others' beliefs but I find the wearing of the veil and the chador offensive. And I agree with Corrie.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->