prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Have I converted to Islam?

I have recently been asked this question.

Prunepicker Blog readers know that I am engaged in five Tuesday evening sessions on the study of Muslims in America. The sessions are led by a history professor in the LaTech History Department. It is sponsored the American Library Association and the Endowment for the Humanities.

We have been loaned five substantial books on different subjects about Muslims in America. The first time I have read five books in a few weeks for years. The group sits in a circle and discusses the books. Concentrating on one a week. The topic of conversion, both into and out of Islam, are covered in the books. Any discussion on any religion could be considered an attempt at talking you into converting.

I have not converted to Islam. I do not believe that I will convert to any religion. It has taken 88 years to get to where I am. I am happy with where I am.

Fall is my favorite time of the year My daughter Kerry has created this work of art at her front door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->