prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ROTC game.

Started the winter quarter of swim class this morning. I noticed a group of ROTC people playing a different game in a basketball court. There was about 20 people on a side. Each end of the court has a soccer type goal and goalie. They chased, carried, ran with the ball, threw and kicked the ball for an hour. One team had their tee shirts tucked in and the other team had their tee shirts hanging out. I guess it is the neat vs the sloppy. I do not know the name of the game. I think it is kickball.

I googled and think it might be speedball, a game invented in Spokane in the seventies.  Play off the walls is permitted.







Here they are all on the same team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->