prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Half a pig in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.

In 1986 Jackie and I spent several days in Fredericton. Fredericton is the capitol of New Brunswick. We were on our way from Halifax to Willis, Texas. This stop left an image in my mind that I still remember quite well 26 years later. A vender had half a pig on display. The pig had been cut in half, lengthways from the snout to the end of the tail. It was a striking sight.

Sunday I was watching a travel show on TV. It was on New Brunswick. One scene was in the building where Jackie and I saw the half pig. The memories of that trip flooded over me. I remember that room. The pig was over on the right side of the room.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->