prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Lunch at Grannys #2.

John's Sunday School Class and most of family had lunch in West Monroe today at Grannie's #2.


Notice that Granny has rocking chairs on the porch, just like the Cracker Barrel.






It was a nice group. I enjoyed the lunch of salad and chicken wings.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Chuck,
    It was nice to see you at the grocery store last night. I am sure that they are going to get busier and busier the closer we get to Thursday. I am going to do my best to stay out of there!

    Dave and I watched the new Ken Burns documentary "The Dust Bowl" on PBS tonight and we were wondering if you caught it. It was really great. Part 2 is playing tomorrow night. We both learned a lot and were awed by the enormity of that situation. Wow...humans are a tenacious species! I guess it is easy, with hindsight, to wonder why anyone would stay but as the film said, farmers are a group of "next year" people. By the very nature of the profession, they MUST believe that "next year" will be better.

    I hope that you and yours have a wonderful holiday. Just remember, a sure-fire cure for turkey overdose is a nice, long NAP!

    Peace and Love,
    Andrea (A.B.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AB. My experience with the dust bowel was seeing all the people moving into California to get away from it. My oldest brother married one them. They were called "Okies". She was a sweet sister in law. I love Turkey overdose. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Love, Chuck

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->