prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Valley Tavern Keg Toss.

I was fortunate enough to get a front row seat at the Valley Tavern Keg Toss. The Valley Tavern has been in the Chimacum-Port Townsend area for a hundred years. They serve a great jalapeƱo burger.



The trumpet calls the Keg Tossers to the post.


Good elevation. You have to knock down pins to get points.



I saw some of the best key tossing that I have ever seen.




The contestants were awesome.




The Ladies toss a smaller keg.



I attended the preliminary tossing on Saturday July 14. The finals are today. It has been raining and is wet and cold. I do not know how the weather will effect the Keg Toss.








No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->