prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, July 9, 2012

A quiet Sunday on the Olympic Peninsula.

Beautiful weather here. No Liars Club on Sunday morning at the Escapee Clubhouse in Chimacum so I had coffee at Starbucks in Port Hadlock. Then I went next door to the laundromat and spent a pleasant 1 1/2 hours washing my underwear and reading the Sunday Seattle Times.

My old friend Beverly Smith called and we had lunch at the Snug Harbor Restaurant in Port Ludlow. For years I used to stop during my morning walk and visit with Pat and Bev Smith at their Chimacum service station. Pat had physical problems. Twice he and my wife Jackie were in the same medical facility in Bremerton at the same time. It is interesting that Pat and Jackie passed away on the same day. Saint Patricks Day, March 17 2007. Beverly and I share many memories.




In the evening I attended an Ice Cream Social at the Escapee Clubhouse.. This was always one of my favorite functions at the Evergreen Coho Resort during the years that Jackie and I lived there. It is held twice a month. I never could understand why it was not held every week! I had a chance to visit with several friends. Sure is a lot of strange faces in the park now.


The Ladies are ready to serve cake and ice cream. They are Trish and Kate.


There was a good turn out for ice cream.


After ice cream I attended a poetry reading at Fort Warden in Port Townsend. Sunday was the first day of a two week Writer's Workshop at the Fort. There will be free talks and readings every day for two weeks.

The readings will be held in the little theatre at the Fort.



Nothing like a nice quiet Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->