prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A ride to the top of Shadow Mountain.

My good friend Chad the Lift Mechanic took me on a delightful jeep ride today. He took me to the top of Shadow Mountain. There were extraordinary views of the Tetons. I was thrilled and very appreciative. Thank you, Chad.

When the ride started up the mountain the road changed to dirt. There was a lot of traffic, I thought, for such a rugged place. Part way up we passed an RV camped with a view of the Tetons out the window.

Chad and Corrie have hiked, skid, and camped often on this mountain. It is about an hour from where they live. I doubt that they will ever move. A girl from California and a man from Ohio have found a home in Jackson Hole. Chad has lived here 12 years and Corrie 8 years.







Some jeep driver!



Celia loves it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->