prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

My 87th Birthday was a great day!

I feel that my 87th Birthday was the best one yet. It started at 3:30 am (Skip Russell called the evening before) with a call from the Jefferson Corner Liars Club (I even got to talk to Rhonda!) and ended with a 8:30 pm phone call from my son Michael. In between was a Facetime call with my daughter Kerry's family in Ruston, Louisiana, a phone call from my daughter Nancy, and a grand day in Woodinville, Washington with my grandson Matt and his family. Between all these wonderful activities I received email and FaceBook messages from many friends and loved ones. All in all I feel that I was really treated royally on my Birthday! I really appreciate all the attention.

The happy old guy in the picture below with Winter and Matt is me. Matt and Janelle prepared a wonderfull Northwest meal of salmon, corn and potatoes. I even was served Birthday apple pie.








No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->