prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Minnie Ann (Ireton) Bergeron

On last November 29 I blogged about Minnie as a young women in the Indian Territory. She was the teen aged girl playing a guitar. She grew up and became this beautiful distinguished looking woman.
Minnie was the mother of Payne Ireton, my wife's father. Later she divorced Rufus Ireton and married a man named Bergeron.


I arrived home from Dana Point, California last night at 10 pm. At 5 am this morning I at was at the Louisiana Tech swimming pool waiting for it to open. The water hose to my trailer froze up while I was gone and I wanted to get a good hot shower. Swam for 1/2 hour and then attended a meeting of the Jefferson Corner Liars Club. Met John at the Waffle House for breakfast at 8 am. Picked up my laundry and had my car serviced at the Toyota dealer on the way home. When I got home at 10 am it was snowing and 27 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty picture! I know many people in Louisiana who are freezing their *fannies* off here, lately. Many schools were closed in various parishes today due to the weather. And all of this *after* that ground hog and the nutria at the Audubon Zoo declared that we would have an early Spring. I think both the ground hog and the nutria have their wires crossed! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->