Prune picker

This is the blog site of an old man. As a native Californian I call myself a prune picker. I live in a fifth wheel trailer. My front door is 25 steps from my daughter’s front door in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana. My blogs are often silly and or trivial, and some times educational and serious. I hope that some are interesting. None are long.

Preparing these blogs seems to fill a need in my life. I am compelled to do it. It helps fill the time until I die. It gives me something to do everyday.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Minnie Ann (Ireton) Bergeron

On last November 29 I blogged about Minnie as a young women in the Indian Territory. She was the teen aged girl playing a guitar. She grew up and became this beautiful distinguished looking woman.
Minnie was the mother of Payne Ireton, my wife's father. Later she divorced Rufus Ireton and married a man named Bergeron.


I arrived home from Dana Point, California last night at 10 pm. At 5 am this morning I at was at the Louisiana Tech swimming pool waiting for it to open. The water hose to my trailer froze up while I was gone and I wanted to get a good hot shower. Swam for 1/2 hour and then attended a meeting of the Jefferson Corner Liars Club. Met John at the Waffle House for breakfast at 8 am. Picked up my laundry and had my car serviced at the Toyota dealer on the way home. When I got home at 10 am it was snowing and 27 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty picture! I know many people in Louisiana who are freezing their *fannies* off here, lately. Many schools were closed in various parishes today due to the weather. And all of this *after* that ground hog and the nutria at the Audubon Zoo declared that we would have an early Spring. I think both the ground hog and the nutria have their wires crossed! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->