Prune picker

This is the blog site of an old man. As a native Californian I call myself a prune picker. I live in a fifth wheel trailer. My front door is 25 steps from my daughter’s front door in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana. My blogs are often silly and or trivial, and some times educational and serious. I hope that some are interesting. None are long.

Preparing these blogs seems to fill a need in my life. I am compelled to do it. It helps fill the time until I die. It gives me something to do everyday.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Boy and his first Pocketknife.

My seven year old great grandson Ross was in the woods. He needed a sharp stick to impale his hot dog supper and broil it over the fire. Lucky for him he had been declared to be responsible enough to have a pocket knife. He had just been given his very first pocket knife by his grand dad. Now for sharpening a stick!




That was a job well done. I bet that Ross had a great supper.

2/23/11 242.2 49.5 130 62 66 96.5 3851 77 51 0

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe he came home from camping with only one cut on his hand!!??

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->