prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Lionel Moore to the rescue!

About 7:30 this morning I was quietly treading water in the aqua exercise class. Then there was a tremendous noise next to me and a column of water arose and fell down on me. Lionel had just made a shallow dive. He was swimming when he hit the water. He swam rapidly across the pool and helped a gentleman who was having a problem with keeping his head above the water. Lionel helped the gentleman to the stairs out of the pool. The gentleman was able to dress and leave the pool building on his own. The action by Lionel was impressive and well done. He received a standing ovation from the aqua exercise class. The picture below shows Lionel on guard. I am glad he and his fellow lifeguards are there!

2/13/11 242.2 49.5 139 59 62 96.5 1205 68 39 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->