prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Floyd Cramer's grandson and Chet Atkins's great-niece.

They played some pretty music this evening at the Dixie Center for the Arts. The Dixie is the center of the Ruston entertainment district. The grandson played the piano in the Cramer style and the great-niece played the guitar in the Atkins style. They collaborated on some neutral music.

After dark the Dixie lights up.
I was the guest at the show this evening of Justin Hinckley. I met Justin while attending Louisiana Tech athletic events. Justin lives several hours from Ruston but is at almost every game. He is a real sports fan and a real nice guy.

2/20/11 244 50 134 66 75 97.2 3781 75 60 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->