Prune picker

This is the blog site of an old man. As a native Californian I call myself a prune picker. I live in a fifth wheel trailer. My front door is 25 steps from my daughter’s front door in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana. My blogs are often silly and or trivial, and some times educational and serious. I hope that some are interesting. None are long.

Preparing these blogs seems to fill a need in my life. I am compelled to do it. It helps fill the time until I die. It gives me something to do everyday.

Monday, February 28, 2011

I have trouble swallowing my food.

Swallowing is not a problem if I am careful to chew my food well and I do not swallow faster than the food can pass throught my esauphagus. I have had trouble swallowing for 15 plus years. Once I passed out when food bunched up.  In 2002 I had an endoscopy procedure. The Doctor said that I had a corksrewed esauphagus. I believe that he expanded my esauphagus. My trouble with swallowing seems to be getting greater.   So today I am having an endoscopy at the Va Hospital in Shreveport. This is the message I received from the VA.

MONDAY FEB 28, 2011 2:45 PM SHR-GI BROOKS NEW 7E7 5593 Clinic

That means the seventh floor of the East Tower, I think. I hope I find it! The hospital is very large. I will go very early.

2/27/11 242.8 50.2 136 65 67 96.7 3546 82 65 0

2 comments:

  1. Did you get the results of your test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 15 and you will think i am foolish to say that i am having the same problems.
    I honestly think it is because of my fear of choking, i almost died twice almost choking to death. i chew all of my food but my body just doesn't seem to swallow. i do manage to swallow my food.. it's just really hard. i hope you feel better, and i hope the results come in positive.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->