prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bartlett Pears have bloomed!

The row of Barlett Pears by the Louisiana Tech baseball field have just bloomed in the last few days. So have all the Barlett Pears in the vicinity of Ruston. Can Spring be far away? I am watching for the Dogwood blooms.
I noticed the blooms while doing a couple of laps around the Tech track. I had just had a big Applebee lunch with the family. Driving home I realized my steps for the day were low and I needed at least two laps aroung the track. So I headed for the track. I enter my daily steps into my log. I have been striving to keep my steps at least 3 or 4 thousand. I do the steps so that my log will look good. I could lie but I would know the truth. The graph below of my steps for the year show that I am not doing too bad lately. It is a long way from 10,000 but is better than a sedentery 1000. I should strive for a few thousand more.










No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->