prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Stem Cells, anyone?

Yesterday I attended a seminar on stem cells and stem cell research at Louisiana Tech in the Institute for Micromanufacturing building. It was very interesting. The public had been invited. I thought " I am public". I sure do need hearing aids. I was in the back row and could not hear very good. But it was interesting to be there and to observe the attendees. A dozen students, several dozen faculty, and a half dozen public. I was interested to see that our local billionaire was in the front row. (I suspect that Ruston only has one billionaire.) He and I are both benefactors of Tech. He endowed a building and I attend and cheer at all home athletic games.









Dr Jamie Newman was a speaker at the seminar. She is a good speaker. She has a doctorate from a small school in the East. MIT, I think. She did keep saying a lot of words that I had never heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->