prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Vandals mutilate old gravestones.

If you have seen many of my blogs you know how I feel about cemeteries. My son said that I should have a bumper sticker stating "I BRAKE FOR CEMETERIES".

So when I heard that a local cemetery had been vandalized I had to go visit.


What a shame. Gravestones as old as 1860 were damaged. The cemetery is well maintained and right along a highway. The vandals only bothered old monuments.








On my trip last summer I visited many cemeteries. I saw graves stones that had been severely damaged by time and neglect. This damage was inflicted in a moment by morons.

2 comments:

  1. Old cemetery stones are like pages of history. We should take care of them.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->