prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Steven Michael Helmick

Steven is one of my nine grand children. He is number two of the nine. Steven was born during my lunch break in Long Beach, California in 1970. Moments after his birth I saw him in a cart being rolled down a hall. I can still remember how pretty his buns were. Just a perfect sweet little boy. He was always a sweet guy and a joy to be around.

Steven would have been 41 this month. He passed away in 2003. His passing was my first experience with losing a close loved one. It was very hard and painful. He is missed by all who knew him.

This is a picture of Steven taken a year before he passed away.


Here are three pictures of Steven from his childhood.










2 comments:

  1. i have this picture framed on my nightstand...i am thankful for these memories we shared on his last visit to louisiana
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Dad. Yes, Steven was a very sweet boy and I miss him.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->