prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DeCinter Farley, Primitive Artist, 1913-2008.

I was given this card by Jewette Farley. Jewette and I are longtime fellow members of the Jefferson Corner Liars Club.

DeCinter Farley was his Mother and a prolific primitive artist. Most of her paintings are from her memories of growing up on a farm in Northern Louisiana. I really like them. They are colorful and very charming. And interesting. Jewette told me that he was once in a primitive art store in Carmel, California and asked if they had any paintings by DeCinter Farley. By golly, they had three!


There was a large enthusiastic crowd at the open house. It was a great affair with all the trimmings. I had fun photographing many of the paintings by DeCinter Farley. Sorry but I do not show the titles.

















The following gives some more information.


I am a vulture for culture. Seriously, I enjoyed the paintings very much. 


1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog somehow - These are my grandmother's paintings! I'm the oldest grandchild and was born in Ruston. Jewette is my Uncle. =)

    First, let me share my condolences on the death of your son, Christopher. I know how it feels - I lost my 34 year old daughter June, 2009.

    I enjoyed this entry... and will also read your son's. I look at my daughter's stuff every day.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->