prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, December 12, 2011

John Roebuck is 70 years old!

I noticed this sign on the Dixie Theatre marque located in downtown Ruston.


I noticed this poster where Kentucky Street runs into HWY 167.


I know that a ground swell of community pride in John resulted in the marque sign and the street posters. But to me John is the smiling gentleman from Arkansas who sits across from me most mornings at the Jefferson Corner Liars Club. His morning coffee is a tub of coke.







1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->