prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A visit with Dan Fallin.

I had a visit with Dan Fallin today. He is doing good. He has a nice suite at the Arbor Rest home


Dan will be 99 on January 23. I am looking forward to visiting him on his 100th birthday. Dan was an ambulance driver for the the 7th Armored Division that spearheaded Patton's advance across Europe. He said that he saw Patton numerous times. He is a fine gentleman. He served as Commander of the VFW post in the past. He was an electrician before he retired. He is not going to renew his driver's license on his birthday and is hanging up his car keys. He keeps busy with exercise and bingo at the Arbor.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->