prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

John Morgan Adams loves squirrels.

He likes to watch them. He wants them close by at his new home. In the middle of all his duties i.e. full time job, loving husband, father, grandfather, son in law of the old prunepicker, painting new home, changing fixtures in new home, and deer hunting he finds time to build and install squirrel houses at his new home. The houses are 20 to 30 feet in the air. He uses a tree climbing deer stand as a work platform. He places the houses at intervals so the squirrel families will not fight for territory.

John feeds deer and he houses squirrels. There are fish and cats to feed also. John is quite a guy!





The squirrel houses are substantial structures. About 3 by 2 by 1 feet. John places bedding material in the houses. It is a lot of work to build and install them.

1 comment:

  1. John what a great squirrel house! I finally finished making one and now I can't figure how to hang the darn thing. It is fairly heavy to carry up a ladder to that perfect mounting place. Yours looks perfect. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->