prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kerry's Birthday steak at Port au Prince.

Kerry enjoyed a steak at the Port au Prince restaurant last night in honor of her birthday. John and I watched her and ate catfish. Her birthday was on Tuesday but due to a storm we put off the steak until Wednesday night. The Port au Prince restaurant has been operated on Lake Claiborne in Homer, Louisiana by the Prince family for 45 years. John remembers hearing of the restaurant when he played on the Louisiana Tech football team in the sixties. But he had never been to the restaurant until last night. They do not have a menu. You have a choice of steak or catfish. All the fixings are delicious. After 45 years they really know what they are doing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->