prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dallas was always so sweet to me. Especially when I was a boy without a mother.

My sister Dallas has passed away. She would have been 98 on December 2. We had not lived in close proximity for fifty or sixty years but we visited a lot. It was always great fun to be with her. We loved each other. She and I were the last of the nine Monson siblings alive.This is a picture of Dallas and I taken eighty some years ago. This is such a sad blog. Rest in peace, sweet Dallas.

I said that Dallas was sweet to me. Dallas was sweet to everyone. Thank you Dallas and God Bless.

Dallas Nona (Monson) Johnson born December 2, 1913 in Redlands, California. Died November 14, 2011 in Oregon City, Oregon.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear, Chuck. My condolences.
    Paymaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Aunt Dallas, Daddy. She was such a sweetheart. I know you must be so sad. I'll call you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts. - A.B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sorry to hear about Dallas. Just heard as we read your blog. She was so kind to us as a young mother and father when she would babysit for us to give us an evening out every once in awhile. We always enjoyed visiting with her over the years and were so very sad when she left Pomona. We would always get a Christmas card from her so I know she did not forget us. I know her dear soul is resting in peace with Jean, Mark and all her brothers and sisters and mom and dad. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->