prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Monson, Massachusetts.

The other day I jestingly said that no towns in the US named Monson were named for me. From my studies I knew that there were monson/munsons in New England for a hundred years or more before Monson, MA was named (1775). I assumed that the town was named for one of them. Not so, the governor named the town in honor of his friend Sir John Monson of the House of Lords. Sir John served for many years in the House of Commons Then he became a Sir.

The picture below is of the damage from the recent tornado to the First Church of Monson.


6/3/11 241.4 49.8 132 65 67 6.4 4200 96 76 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->